Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Traveling with children is amazing. They get to see and experience life in a whole different way when it’s right in front of them, rather than seeing it on a screen watching other people travel. But packing for them is quite a feat – Which is why I am not covering it in this post – ha! I will in another one, soon, though, promise!
This post is all about Mom/Dad. These are my top 7 travel must haves when it comes to packing. Everyone is different but I know this list will definitely resonate with a few!
- 1. Eco-Friendly Pill Organizer – I take a few different vitamins and medications so worrying about my basic pill organizer popping open in my checked bag is a real anxiety. This food-grade plastic, cereal shell fiber case is eco-friendly and incredibly safe with it’s double locking feature. The large capacity is amazing for travel and even for having at home.
- 2. Fitbit Versa 3 – I don’t go anywhere without my Fitbit. It helps me ensure I’m getting the correct amount of steps in, lets me know if I’m getting an important call whilst driving and keeps me up to date with my sleeping / stress habits. The new versa 3 is pretty amazing with all of it’s new software and capabilities!
- 3. Larq Self Cleaning Water Bottle – This is my favorite water bottle ever. I have a little bit of a water bottle obsession and it has ended with this one. It uses UV-C light to neutralize bacteria in water. That means you could even gather stream water and it’ll disinfect it to make it safe for drinking. That’s survivalist gear at its best! I love this bottle, seriously, and take it with me everywhere. It even has a little carrying sleeve for convenience.
- 4. American Tourister Luggage – I loveee hardshell luggage bags. I get so anxious that it’ll be crushed or damaged when it’s in the plane’s cargo hold but having a hard-shelled bag makes me feel so much better knowing my souvenirs aren’t getting crushed ;P This bag is cute, has amazing wheels that don’t get caught when you’re trying to wrangle the kids and again, it’s hard-shelled!
- 5. Samsung Galaxy Pro Buds – Chances are whether you’re taking a flight or going on a road trip, your kids will be watching their tablets in order for you to gain a little bit of your sanity back. If that’s the case pop in some of these amazing ear buds and treat yourself to some self-love with a favorite song, an audio book or that podcast everyone has been talking about.
- 6. Selfie Stick Tripod – OKAY. Before you start virtually throwing things at me, hear me out… You’re on a trip by yourself with your three kids and you want to take a photo of all of you (cuz you never get photos of yourself with them) but there’s no one around. This tripod holds all types of phones, cameras, and video devices using different heights and angles! It comes equipped with a remote so there’s no running back and forth and then there’s the selfie stick aspect which you don’t have to use if you don’t want to. 😉
- 7. Hanging Travel Toiletries Bag – I used this on my last trip for the first. time. ever. I have no clue how I made it this long without using one of these. Having your toiletries, medicine, makeup and jewelry in ONE place where your kids cannot reach is a literal GAME CHANGER. If you don’t have one already I highly recommend investing in one. These’ll last you years and you’ll never go back to separate toiletries bags!
What other must haves have you found? I’ll be doing a Kid’s Travel Must Haves soon because that one is a doozy.